Monday, April 30, 2007

Puppies!!!

So Puffle had pups. 7 of 'em. We now have, therefore, 10 dogs at home. This is my dream come true! It's like Santa's making up for lost time, for all the years over which I wrote to him, begging for a puppy because I had been "a good girl this year"! Of course, the fact is that I'm not home now, so :(

But still. Isn't this awesome?






Now let's all say it together: Awwwwwwww!

PS: Much as we'd like to keep them all, we will have to find homes for the pups. If you know of anybody in Calcutta who's looking for a Labrador Retriever and who will meet our high standards in fit-to-be-honoured-with-one-of-our-babies-ness, please let me know.

12 comments:

Tabula Rasa said...

congratulations!!

takes me back to the winter of 1990, when buchi, noblest of yellow labs, also delivered septuplets. they were named alpha, beta, gamma all the way till the smallest one who was called iota.

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Makes me want to just jump into that cozy huddle. And TR, Iota? That must be the bestest name for a puppy ever.

mobius_tripping said...

arent you delirious to know that i will be there (fingers crossed on that) within a month, all those puppies gambolling in lap.... :-D

Tabula Rasa said...

ph, thanks :-) iota went to some friends who didn't change her name. she attained quite a bit of fame in some circles. one of my first interactins with someone who went on to become a really good friend featured her saying "can you imagine, i know of these people who have a dog called iota!"

iota was the smartest of the bunch. she lived a full and happy life, and died at a ripe old age a few years ago.

Progga said...

TR, iota is the most awesome name. I appropriate it on the spot for the next suitable being I come across.

Ph, I thought it might help to listen, long-distance, to the unh unh unh sound that pups make, but sadly, it didn't. Makes me want to go home even more.

MT: shet-eff, eww.

R said...

love them! can i have one please??? please say yes....
if i can, please mail me back..a yes would do.. :)
thanks
raunak

Progga said...

is this Mr. Sheth?

Unknown said...

ekta kotha bujhte paarlaam na...oi maajhkhane ekta kaalo puppy koth theke elo? hmmmm...fishy...hmmm...
:-)

R said...

nopes, not mr.seth. mr.singh.

R said...

lab pups can be of different colors in the same litter too.. they take after any random gene contributor in their entire lienage...

Progga said...

Raunak:
If you're seriously interested, contact me at progga[@]hotmail.com.

shakester said...

oh-bloody-brilliant