In keeping with the season, here's a list of things I'm thankful for - both big and small, meaningful and mundane.
1. Agatha Christies in a lamplit glow on chill, thunderous evenings.
2. Mangsho - cooked the Bong way, super-jhal, with lots of alu.
3. Places to go, places to see!
4. Peppermint tea
5. The sheer random luck of being alive, here, today.
6. S and S, my rocks, the people I turn to for comfort and succour, or just to talk, for never failing to yank me out of the blues. And for making me laugh, whether intentionally or un.
7. PG Wodehouse, Douglas Adams, Tolkien, A.A. Milne, Jack London, Michael Crichton, Ruskin Bond, Roald Dahl, Saki - not necessarily in that order.
8. Coffee. You are my lifeline.
9. The Internet. Viva!
10. My family, for supporting my wildest decisions, encouraging me to take the road less travelled, being there when I need them. They're still learning how not to ask the wrong question at the wrong time, but they'll get there!
11. Dogs. And, in particular, Baloo, the joyous, the curious, the ever young-at-heart.
12. Bookshops, music stores, coffeeshops, pubs.
14. Possibilities. :)